You swear that pimple wasn’t there when you looked in the mirror this morning. But there it is – red, irritated and ready to tag along on your date tonight. Keep it from making an appearance by following these 4 tips to hide blemishes, fast!
1. Ice. If the blemish is particularly irritated or inflamed, grab a cube or two and ice it down for a few minutes to calm the swelling. Be sure to wrap the ice cube in a cloth or paper towel first – touching it directly to your skin not only hurts, it can actually cause frostbite!
2. Conceal. Use a concealer that’s 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone. Whether you’re using a liquid product or creamy stick, you should gently dab (don’t rub!) the concealer on your skin with fine-tipped brush, then tap lightly to blend. Not sure which product is right for you? Check out this handy concealer guide to help you choose.
3. Distract. When all else fails, draw attention away from the blemish. Play up your eyes with dramatic shadow, eyeliner and lash-lengthening mascara. Or, if you prefer to show off another asset, pick a playful, flirty lip color.
4. Do not touch. This should go without saying, but do not touch the blemish. Don’t rub, pick, pop, squeeze or even rest your hand on your skin. Once you’re home and ready to remove your makeup, follow up your usual facial cleansing routine with a gentle acne treatment product, like Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Invisible Treatment Gel. (And once you apply, don’t touch that either!)
The Beauty Boss blogs are compiled by our staff editors Rebecca Chopin and Katie Kaleita, who work closely with the Vitacost.com beauty department experts to bring you the most relevant, up-to-date information on natural beauty and anti-aging tips and trends.
Latest posts by The Beauty Boss (see all)
- 8 Amazing Pumpkin Beauty Products - September 27, 2014
- Gluten-Free Skin & Body Care: What You Need to Know - September 26, 2014
- DIY Makeup: Homemade Natural Foundation - September 23, 2014