We’ve all had those moments – a quick glance in the mirror leaves you wondering, “what the heck happened?”
Whether you’re fretting over the sudden appearance of fine lines, unsightly shine, dryness, dull spots or rough patches, I have a few quick solutions that’ll leave your complexion looking radiant and refreshed!
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
If your skin is looking dry or dull, one of the quickest (and easiest!) ways to fix it is to use a gentle hydrating spray, like glonaturals Hydrating Mist. A few quick spritzes will help set in your makeup (especially helpful after a quick touchup) and provide instant moisture for a radiant, dewy glow. Plus, it’s light and non-greasy, so it won’t clog your pores.
Say goodbye the greasy look
There’s definitely a difference between glowing skin and greasy pores. So what should you do if you’re looking too shiny? Tackle those oil slicks head-on with a few quick swipes of oil-blotting wipes. My pick for fighting unwanted facial shine: Blum Naturals Oil-Absorbing Facial Tissues. They’re gentle and effective, soaking up excess oil while leaving your makeup undisturbed. Plus, the package is conveniently portable; simply tuck into your purse for those times when your T-zone needs to be tamed.
Sun-kissed radiance (without the sun)
Another way to revitalize a dull, tired-looking complexion is to brighten it up with a touch of natural bronzer. If you’re worried about turning orange or looking too tan, follow these tips to get the natural look:
1. Choose a bronzer two shades darker than your skin tone.
2. Using a special bronzer brush, swipe your face on each side in the shape of a “3” – starting on your forehead, sweeping down across your cheekbone and continuing around your jawline.
3. Blend it into your neck.
Fly away, crow’s feet
Some days, I don’t even notice my crow’s feet. Other times, it feels like new lines are cropping up overnight. For fast relief from those little reminders of gravity and aging, try an instant skin-firming cream like MyChelle Dermaceuticals Instant Firming Serum, which is formulated with a potent combination of peptides and fruit extracts relax facial muscle tension that contributes to wrinkles and fine lines and also protect against future damage. Basically, it’s magic.
With a little weekly maintenance, you may be able to prevent common complexion problems from plaguing you in the first place. The answer is… exfoliation! You can easily find an exfoliating scrub (or make your own!) with ingredients to target a range of issues: excess oil, blemishes, dryness, dull texture and more. Plus, it feels oh-so-good when you wipe away that scrub to reveal absolute radiance. Here are my top picks for facial scrubs:
– Brown Sugar Vanilla Scrub: Uses sugar and coconut oil, so it’s great for sloughing away dead skin cells and locking in long-lasting moisture
– Acure Organics Brightening Facial Scrub: A gentle, antioxidant-rich scrub with powerful skin-protecting and pore cleansing properties
– Avalon Organics Exfoliating Enzyme Scrub: This one easily tackles dullness and dryness without burning or irritating your sensitive skin