You’ve heard other people talking about argan oil, calling it a “Moroccan treasure” or “liquid gold.” But if you’re still not quite sure what to do with it — or if you think it’s just for skin — you’re in for a pleasant surprise! Read on to discover six different ways to use this versatile oil.
1. Apply directly to skin to revitalize dry, dull patches. The vitamin E and fatty acids in argan oil offer penetrating moisture and protective nourishment. Because the oil is potent, you only need a tiny amount to impart long-lasting moisture. I find that just a few drops in my palm is enough to tackle tough dry hands, elbows and heels. Need an all-over moisturizer? Try glonaturals Argan Collection Face & Body Lotion - it’s infused with argan oil, chamomile and hyaluronic acid.
2. Use under makeup as a pre-foundation moisturizer. Because straight argan oil may be a bit too heavy for facial applications, I recommend glonaturals Argan Collection Face Cream – it’s expertly formulated to provide lightweight, long-lasting moisture to support skin’s natural radiance. (Need something with anti-aging properties? Try this argan-rich eye cream.)
3. Tone and hydrate at the same time by adding a few drops of argan oil to your favorite facial toner. This trick is especially helpful if you have sensitive skin that tends to dry out. In fact, you can easily make your own gentle, hydrating toner by combining rosewater with argan oil.
4. Restore dry, damaged hair with the moisturizing, protective properties of argan oil. If you’re a flat-iron fiend or blow dryer abuser, comb a few drops of glonaturals Argan Collection Hair Serum through damp tresses to repair, rejuvenate and protect against future heat damage without leaving behind any greasy residue. (Just try not to blind anyone with the beautiful shine!)
5. Fortify nails and soften cuticles by soaking them in an argan oil/lemon juice mixture or applying the oil directly. The moisturizing properties of argan oil help rid your fingertips of the ragged look, while providing strengthening hydration and nourishment to brittle nails.
6. Exfoliate dry, chapped lips with a combination of pure argan oil and organic sugar. The sugar helps slough away dead skin cells, while the argan oil penetrates deep to soften and nourish, leaving behind lusciously smooth, kissable lips!
The Beauty Boss blogs are compiled by our staff editors Rebecca Chopin and Katie Kaleita, who work closely with the Vitacost.com beauty department experts to bring you the most relevant, up-to-date information on natural beauty and anti-aging tips and trends.