Think back to all of the little things your mom has done for you. She took care of you, read to you, kept you fed and clothed, and gave you the structure you needed to grow. She nurtured your body when you couldn’t yet take care of yourself – bathing you, taking care of your skin and hair, and likely teaching you to do those things for yourself as you grew.
Now you can turn it around and give mom some TLC in the form of a homemade treat that she can use in her own bathing, skin care and/or general wellness rituals. Making a nourishing body butter to pamper your mom can put a little more love in the gift-giving process for Mother’s Day this year. It takes time to make something from scratch, and the effort added to a great, natural product can be a more heartfelt expression of love and gratitude for your mom. An easy, aromatic and luscious body butter can be just the thing she could use this time of year to get her skin ready for days full of sunshine and warmth.
This recipe combines the benefits of essential oils and cocoa butter in one delightful treat for Mom’s skin. If you are a mom yourself, you can make some extra to celebrate all that YOU do for your family too. Enjoy!
Chocolate Body Butter
This body butter is an indulgent way to nourish your skin — and a calorie-free way to enjoy chocolate! Cocoa butter, vanilla, ylang ylang and tangerine create a floral-sweet treat that also makes a great gift.
1. In a small pan on low heat, met the cocoa butter.
2. Stir in the jojoba oil and remove from heat.
3. Stir in the essential oils and pour the mixture into a jar or tin. Cap and allow to set up overnight.
4. Apply as a massage or skincare butter.
Latest posts by Aura Cacia (see all)
- DIY Warming Hand and Foot Massage for Cold Weather - December 3, 2014
- Balance Your Chakras with Roll-On Essential Oils - November 5, 2014
- 5 Ways to Enjoy the Aroma of Autumn With Essential Oils - October 13, 2014