It’s that wonderful time of year when everyone’s buzzing about hot cider, apple picking and… pumpkins! But they’re not just for carving and cooking. Pumpkins offer an excellent source of vitamin A, oils, enzymes and antioxidants that can support cell turnover and provide balance to dull, aging or dry skin.
In honor of autumn, here are my top picks for pumpkin beauty products:
- If you’re worried about dull skin, dark spots and past damage, try Andalou Naturals Glycolic Brightening Mask Pumpkin Honey.
- Rev up skin renewal with the Isvara Organics Facial Mask – it’s packed with pumpkin, fruit extracts and essential oils to cleanse, nourish and exfoliate.
- Banish blemishes, improve texture and minimize surface damage with ZIA Treatments Exfoliating Pumpkin Mask.
Anti-aging. MyChelle Dermaceuticals, a trusted name in natural skincare, has an amazing line of pumpkin-infused anti-aging products, including:
- MyChelle Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser: Packed with vitamins, enzymes and honey to gently cleanse , nourish and protect. (It smells good enough to eat, too. But don’t.)
- MyChelle Incredible Pumpkin Peel: Your jack-o-lantern won’t be the only thing glowing, thanks to this rejuvenating, exfoliating treatment. Leaves skin soft, smooth and beautiful – I love it!
- MyChelle Pumpkin Renew Cream: Pumpkin seed oil and peptides team up to tackle the signs of aging in this light and creamy product. Use under makeup or before bed!
Bath & body. Indulge your senses in the smell and feel of fall with pumpkin shower and body care products.
- Take a field trip to the pumpkin patch with Farmer’s Market Natural Bar Soap – the pumpkin spice scent will leave your skin soft, smooth and smelling fabulous.
- Revive dry, tired hands with this pumpkin-scented, soothing moisturizer. I love Desert Essence Organics Pumpkin Spice Hand Repair Cream because it’s natural, effective and smells like a freshly baked pie- mmm!
The Beauty Boss is written by our staff editors Rebecca Chopin and Katie Kaleita, who work closely with the Vitacost.com beauty department experts to bring you the most relevant, up-to-date information on natural beauty and antiaging tips and trends. Have a beauty question or want to suggest a product for Vitacost.com to carry? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.