Pass the cranberries, please! I ask not because Thanksgiving is right around the corner, but because this delicious little berry is power packed with benefits for skin. Cranberries contain unique phytonutrients, including antioxidants that help protect skin cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. Additionally, cranberries contain antibacterial properties, which can help keep pore-clogging germs at bay.
To incorporate this favorite fall fruit into your skincare routine, try any of these natural solutions from MyChelle:
- White Cranberry Cleanser – This naturally exfoliating and pore clearing cleanser brings skin into healthy balance. Willow bark and Totarolâ„¢ help bring stability to oily and blemish-prone skin, while nutrient-dense cranberry and pomegranate, super fruits rich in antioxidants and naturally exfoliating fruit acids protect against environmental aggressors. Pores are kept clear and skin clam. Wash with this cleanser morning and evening for 60 to 90 seconds for a glowing, healthy complexion.
- Cranberry Mud Mask – Use this deeply purifying and calming mask to halt problems before they start. A blend of richly detoxifying kaolin and bentonite clays absorb excess oil and debris from pores, while Totarolâ„¢ purifies and balances. Cranberry extract is added for its high antioxidant content and because it helps to support the skin and gives it a luminescent glow. Use two to three times per week to help control oil and detoxify the skin.
- Fruit Enzyme Scrub – Dual skin polishers and dissolving enzymes quickly exfoliate dead skin cell buildup and unwanted debris in pores. Super-smooth jojoba beads and refined bamboo stem powder gently polish the skin without irritating or tearing the surface. Fruit enzymes dissolve dulling residue while cranberry juice loads the skin with antioxidant protection, leaving you with ultra-smooth, ultra-soft skin. This scrub is an ideal product for regular exfoliation.
- Clear Skin Serum – This potent formula minimizes surface shine while improving the clarity of oily and blemish-prone skin. Retinol resurfaces skin and clears pore-blocking debris while Montmorillonite clay detoxifies and absorbs excess oil. Cranberry extract and botanically-derived Totarolâ„¢ offer antibacterial properties while B vitamins assist in the growth and repair of skin tissues. A great product to use controlling shine and preventing breakouts!
Cranberries are packed with so much nutritional value, and some experts might even argue cranberries top the list for the healthiest food. One cup of fresh cranberries contains just about 50 calories and makes a delicious, tart treat any day of the week. So go ahead now and get that cranberry craze going!
Latest posts by MyChelle Dermaceuticals (see all)
- 3 Big Benefits of Using Natural Skincare Products - April 23, 2015
- Face the Facts: What You Need to Know about pH & Skincare - April 17, 2015
- What to Do When Your Favorite Skincare Product Stops Working - April 6, 2015