by Jorie Mark
If you’ve got oily, acne-prone skin and long for a clearer complexion, the idea of smearing oil deep into your pores probably sounds like it makes as much sense as eating a dozen donuts when you’re trying to lose weight. But many members of the Shiny-Nose-by-3-p.m.-Club are raving over a new cleansing technique called the Oil Cleansing Method, which involves massaging castor oil combined with another “carrier” oil such as olive, avocado or almond, directly into the skin.
Want to try out the Oil Cleansing Method? It’s easy to give it a try.
Here’s what you’ll need:
What to do:
- Combine oils and optional essential oils.
- Pour oil mixture into your hands and rub them together to warm up the oil.
- For several minutes, massage the oil into your face, using gentle, circular motions. (Ahhh, feels good!)
- Take a washcloth that has been soaked in hot water and wring out the excess liquid, then place on your face to steam skin.
- After washcloth has cooled, use it to wipe away excess oil from your skin.
- Repeat this process several times a week and enjoy your beautiful complexion!
We’d love to hear what you think of the Oil Cleansing Method, or if you have any other natural remedies for oily skin! Post them in the comments below.
The Beauty Boss blogs are compiled by our staff editors Rebecca Chopin and Katie Kaleita, who work closely with the Vitacost.com beauty department experts to bring you the most relevant, up-to-date information on natural beauty and anti-aging tips and trends.