As soon as the calendar flips to November, it seems like store shelves are flooded with peppermint candles, lotions, candies and other products.
- 1 cup vanilla flavored almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 drop peppermint extract
Heat milk in a saucepan. Combine cacao and agave in a small bowl, pour into milk and continue to heat until steaming. Add peppermint extract before serving.
2. Luxurious lip balm: Enjoy the soothing power of shea butter and the refreshing tingle of peppermint with this homemade lip balm! The best part? No weird chemical additives or unpronounceable ingredients.
- 1/2 Tablespoon cocoa butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon shea butter
- 1/8 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon beeswax, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 3 drops peppermint oil
Combine cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler, heat very slowly on low. Add beeswax and stir until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in honey, vitamin E and peppermint oil. Pour into tubes or tins – mixture will solidify within a few hours.
3. Room refresher: Add a burst of minty freshness to that musty basement (or other room) by combining a few drops of peppermint essential oil in a spray bottle with water. The particularly aromatic qualities of peppermint oil may also help keep spiders and rodents from coming in when it gets cold – so be sure to spray in doorways and crevices.