Whether you’re headed on a quick getaway with the girls or a week long vacation with the family, be sure to leave a little room in your suitcase (or carry-on) for a few of your favorite beauty products.
Here are a few tips to help you stay gorgeous, no matter where you go:
1. Follow the rules: It always makes me so sad to see women tossing their favorite foundation and perfume into the trash can as I’m going through security. If you’re leavin’ on a jet plane, be sure to follow TSA rules for carry-on items – place all liquid or gel items into a quart-sized clear plastic bag, and remember that items must be in 3 oz. or smaller containers – a 6 oz. bottle of body spray that’s half empty won’t fly. (Pun intended.)
Here are some of my favorite travel-sized beauty products, perfect for quick packing:
- Hugo Naturals Travel Kit: This kit comes with all the essentials, including vanilla & orange-scented shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, body spray and lip balm. Everything is under 3 oz. and it’s packaged in a cute, clear bag!
- Devita Deluxe Travel Set: Don’t let the recirculated air in the cabin of that plane or train ruin your look – pack this handy kit, which includes a cleanser, toner, firming cream and moisturizer.
- Giovanni L.A. Natural Styling Gel: You may be flying away, but your hair doesn’t have to. Pack this travel-sized gel for quick styling and strong hold.
2. Pack lightly: You can’t live without your favorite shampoo, but it only comes what could only be described as a “jug.” If you must bring it (and other large items) along, transfer it to a smaller, spill-proof container. That tinted moisturizer looks great on your skin, but not so hot on your favorite scarf — if you’re packing these items in your luggage, place them in a seal-able plastic bag as an extra precaution against leaks and spills.
3. Freshen up: Traveling can take a toll on your skin and hair, as well as your mood. Keep a few essential products handy, and find a place where you can freshen up with your favorite cosmetics and body care products as soon as you reach your destination. You’ll feel more comfortable, confident and ready to enjoy your trip!