Get flawless, glowing skin by mixing together ingredients you already have at home! In honor of November’s National Healthy Skin Month, here are three easy recipes for homemade skin care products:
- 1 can (15 oz.) Farmer’s Market Organic Canned Pumpkin
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Y.S. Bee Farms Raw Honey
- Optional: 1/8 tsp olive oil (for dry skin) or apple cider vinegar (for oily skin)
Mix together ingredients and apply to forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse away.
2. Simple Sugar Scrub:
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
Mix together the sugar and olive oil to form a paste (add more oil if necessary). Apply to face and gently scrub in a circular motion. Rinse to reveal softer, more refreshed skin!
3. Tropical Moisturizer:
- ¾ cup Vitacost Extra Virgin Certified Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp beeswax, melted
- 1 tsp essential oil (scent of your choice)
- ½ cup aloe vera gel
- ¼ cup distilled water
Combine the coconut oil and melted beeswax (make sure it’s still warm – reheat if necessary). Heat the water to a similar temperature. Add the oil/beeswax mixture and water together in a blender, mix on low for 1 minute. Add the aloe vera gel and essential oil and blend the entire mixture for 2 minutes. Pour into a reusable glass container with a pump and slather on your skin for a hydrating tropical treat!