OK, so a topical cream can’t erase the last three decades from your face – and that so-called miracle serum won’t make your hair grow back overnight. But there are some anti-aging ingredients out there that actually do support renewed, refreshed skin, beautiful nails and healthy, shiny hair. Who knows? You may turn more than a few heads at your next high school reunion.
1. Retinol. If fine lines are the enemy, consider a topical cream with retinol, a form of vitamin A that may support skin cell turnover to help diminish the appearance of unsightly wrinkles, crow’s feet and discoloration.
Anti-aging tip for skin: Apply retinol cream at night to enhance skin renewal.
2. Biotin. If your nails have gone from beautiful to brittle, give biotin a try. This B-vitamin is well-known in beauty circles for its ability to support healthy, strong nails.
Anti-aging tip for nails: Keep nails clear of toxins with chemical-free polish.
3. Argan oil. Have all those years of coloring, drying and styling taken a toll on your once-lustrous locks? Try applying a few drops of nutrient-rich argan oil to those tired tresses for renewed sheen and strength. It’s naturally rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, providing a nourishing layer of non-greasy and fast-absorbing moisture.
Anti-aging tip for hair: Apply argan oil before drying or ironing hair to protect against heat-induced frizz and damage.
Once you find your favorite anti-aging products, you won’t want to go a day without ‘em – that’s why Vitacost created Set & Save. Enjoy automatic delivery, discounts and free gifts – woohoo!
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014