You always want to look beautiful. But when you have a hot date planned — like Valentine’s Day — the pressure’s really on. Don’t sweat it, my lovely. You can pull together a come-hither garnet look that will have your sweetie swooning. Now go grab your makeup bag and get ready with me!
All good looks begin with a good base, which you’ll establish in four easy steps:
1. Kick things off with a primer. Because date nights (especially first dates!) can be nerve-wracking, I recommend Greensations Youthful Trends Caffeinated Makeup Primer which reduces sweating…no, seriously. The caffeine probably has something to do with that, but it also contains green tea, sage, rosemary and alpha lipoic acid — 100% natural ingredients that are safe and simple for all skin types.
2. Apply your favorite foundation, preferably a paraben-free pick. If you haven’t found the right one yet, Vitacost.com has a wide selection of “clean” choices — from cream sticks to pressed powders to liquid foundations with SPF.
3. Now, I have to fill in my [non-existent] brows. You may be lucky enough not to need this step, but certainly be sure to groom them a bit and ensure no hairs have gone buck-wild.
4. Whether you have perfect porcelain skin (in which case, I’m jealous) or unruly blemishes and just-woke-up bags, concealer is a girl’s best friend. I encourage using concealer on an everyday basis and to use a couple different ones for the best effect. I’ve used Maybelline for a while now, but recently found Annemarie Borlind’s concealer pencil to lighten things up and get rid of any dark shadows or fine lines. It’s a great value, because a little goes a long way.
With these base products in place, you’ll see a total transformation already. Watch the video to follow the next steps for glowing garnet eyes and blushing-pink cheeks. Leave any questions or suggestions in the comments below. Until next time, have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Kendra Atkins lives in Los Angeles with her hubby, Andrew and puppy, Kaila. She’s dedicated to finding the best beauty products, scoring the hottest fashion looks and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Watch Kendra’s video reviews at vlogwithkendra for tips on everything from eating gluten free to creating the perfect fall look for less. For more great ideas, check out her blog: withkendra.com.
Latest posts by Vlog with Kendra (see all)
- Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowl - November 14, 2014
- Vitacost Haul: New, Highly Recommended Beauty Items - October 31, 2014
- 5 Home Spa Must-Haves for Autumn - September 26, 2014