Summer is my favorite season. Lots of time spent outdoors with friends and family and long, sunny days make me happy at a level I can’t seem to get to in January. If you’re like me, bare feet (or lightly sandaled feet) become the norm this time of year. I like being able to comfortably kick off my shoes at a moment’s notice and just feel the earth between my toes. And I find myself paying more attention to my feet, incorporating extra foot care into my routine.
Here are some easy foot care remedies for the warm weather:
- Foot soak and exfoliate ““ Soaking with the right ingredients is very beneficial to the tough skin on our feet. In a foot bath or basin, combine warm water, 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 24 drops lavender essential oil. To create a cooling effect, add 6 drops of peppermint essential oil. Follow the soak with an exfoliation and your favorite moisturizer.
- Foot spray ““ Aura Cacia ® Peppermint Harvest Mist is the perfect quick fix for hot, tired feet. I simply spray and go on my way.
- Foot powder ““ To keep your feet (and shoes) dry and odor free, make the following easy recipe with essential oils that help with freshness:
Calming Foot Powder
Combine all ingredients and store in a covered container.
Charlynn Avery is an aromatherapist and educator for Aura Cacia and Frontier Natural Products Co-op. Ms. Avery has spent her career practicing and teaching in the arena of holistic health and wellness as a licensed massage therapist and aromatherapist and currently holds additional certifications in holistic nutrition, thai massage, life coaching and hypnotherapy. In her work, she travels around the U.S. teaching about safe and effective essential oil use and is passionate about those powerful oils. Her life’s mission is to empower each individual to be in charge of their own health and healing. To get in touch, email Ms. Avery at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Aura Cacia (see all)
- DIY Warming Hand and Foot Massage for Cold Weather - December 3, 2014
- Balance Your Chakras with Roll-On Essential Oils - November 5, 2014
- 5 Ways to Enjoy the Aroma of Autumn With Essential Oils - October 13, 2014