Summer is my favorite season. Lots of time spent outdoors with friends and family and long, sunny days make me happy at a level I can’t seem to get to in January. If you’re like me, bare feet (or lightly sandaled feet) become the norm this time of year. I like being able to comfortably kick off my shoes at a moment’s notice and just feel the earth between my toes. And I find myself paying more attention to my feet, incorporating extra foot care into my routine.
Here are some easy foot care remedies for the warm weather:
- Foot soak and exfoliate ““ Soaking with the right ingredients is very beneficial to the tough skin on our feet. In a foot bath or basin, combine warm water, 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 24 drops lavender essential oil. To create a cooling effect, add 6 drops of peppermint essential oil. Follow the soak with an exfoliation and your favorite moisturizer.
- Foot spray ““ Aura Cacia ® Peppermint Harvest Mist is the perfect quick fix for hot, tired feet. I simply spray and go on my way.
- Foot powder ““ To keep your feet (and shoes) dry and odor free, make the following easy recipe with essential oils that help with freshness:
Calming Foot Powder
Combine all ingredients and store in a covered container.
Latest posts by Aura Cacia (see all)
- DIY Lemon-Eucalyptus Body Mist - June 24, 2015
- Tips for Storing Your DIY Beauty Creations + Perfume Oil Recipe - June 12, 2015
- DIY Warming Hand and Foot Massage for Cold Weather - December 3, 2014