You could go with a classic box of chocolates, a necktie, maybe some cologne. But if you want a Valentine’s Day gift that will surprise and delight your sweetheart… why not try something new?
Even if you’re short on time, there are several simple beauty tricks that can transform your look into something really special!
Whether you’ve been married 10 years or dating 10 weeks, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to wow your spouse or partner with a beauty makeover. Follow these easy tips to grab your honey’s attention:
1. Va-va-volume: If your typical “look” involves a ponytail and lip balm, now is the time to go big or go home.
- Lips: To give lips a fuller appearance, start with a gentle exfoliation – mix a little coconut oil with sugar and rub on your lips to slough off dead skin cells. Next, keep them hydrated with a richly moisturizing balm, such as Desert Essence Lip Rescue with Shea Butter. Follow up with a special plumping product to add volume and shine – I recommend Juice Organics Lip Amplifier. (Did you know that a glossy tint makes your lips look bigger by reflecting more light?)
- Lashes: Go ahead and bat those lovely, lengthy lashes – thanks to Beauty Without Cruelty Full Volume Mascara, your valentine will be head over heels. Unlike other conventional products, this lengthening mascara is free of parabens, icky preservatives and animal ingredients. (What’s not to love about that?)
- Hair: Say goodbye to that elastic hair-tie and say hello to shiny, voluminous and all-around gorgeous hair with Jason Thin-to-Thick shampoo and conditioner, which work together to add body, bounce and shine to fine or limp hair. If you have extra time to perfect your ‘do, prep it with a volumizing mousse before using a curling iron or hot rollers to add extra volume and shape, then follow up with Jason Extra Volume Hair Spray.
2. Color me pretty: Nude nails are beautiful, but why not spice things up by adding a touch of color to your fingers and toes? Go for a bold, beautiful look with Barielle Nail Polish in “Thrilling” metallic red or try Honeybee Gardens “Desire.”
3. Add a little dazzle: I don’t recommend you bathe in body glitter, but a subtle shimmer can do wonders for your look! Try a bronzer (like Larenim Mineral Bronzer Goddess Glo) or blush with a touch of sparkle, such as Aubrey Silken Earth.
The Beauty Boss is written by our staff editors Rebecca Chopin and Katie Kaleita, who work closely with the Vitacost.com beauty department experts to bring you the most relevant, up-to-date information on natural beauty and antiaging tips and trends. Have a beauty question or want to suggest a product for Vitacost.com to carry? Email email@example.com.