It’s 5 o’clock somewhere…5 a.m., that is. It’s summertime and you have to beat the heat. So you wake up at the crack of dawn to push through a 60-mile bike ride or catch a boot camp on the beach. (Bravo!) But no matter how early you work out, the record-high temps and humidity require smart hydration. By smart, I mean you should drink responsibly with these non-alcoholic, electrolyte-enriched refreshers that will cool you down while encouraging you to chill out. Drinks on me!
These three mixer-elixirs are made with Nuun Electrolyte Tablets, which come in a variety of fun and fruity flavors (no wonder they make such great mocktails!). Plus, they’re blended with all-natural sweeteners like agave and whole fruit for optimal post-workout nutrition. After your next sweaty morning workout, mix up a Nuun mocktail, put your bum in a lounge chair and sip with complete satisfaction – the hard work is behind you.
High-Nuun Mojito Mocktail
2 Nuun Electrolyte Enhanced Lemon and Lime Drink Tabs
1 can (16 oz) Steaz Green Tea Soda – Citrus Flavor
2 Tbsp light agave
2 Tbsp water
12 mint leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together agave and water to make “simple syrup.” Set aside.
- In a shaker cup, muddle the mint leaves.
- Pour green tea soda over leaves.
- Add Nuun tabs and stir until the tabs completely dissolve.
- Stir in simple syrup.
- Squeeze half the lime into the mixture.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Pour into a 22-ounce water bottle or tall glass and garnish with slices of remaining lime wedge or more mint leaves.
Nuun-Alcoholic Strawberry-Lemonade Daiquiri
4 strawberries, plus 1 for garnish
2 Nuun Active Hydration Strawberry-Lemonade Drink Tabs
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 cup water, plus 2 Tbsp
1 ½ cups ice
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and 2 tablespoons water.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse into a slushy consistency.
- Garnish with a cut strawberry.
No-Rum Nuun Runner
- In a cup with water, add 2 Nuun tabs and let dissolve completely.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, add a little umbrella and enjoy!
Latest posts by Liz Lotts (see all)
- How to Plank Perfectly (Hint: You’re Doing It Wrong) - February 27, 2015
- Citrus Maca Mousse Trifle - February 20, 2015
- The Benefits of a Short Workout - February 6, 2015