Pancakes may seem like a laborious morning meal to make. But, oh contraire! Unless you’re grabbing a protein bar and rushing out the door, nearly every other breakfast requires at least three ingredients. What’s better about these particular pancakes is you get tons of protein, whole grains and pure deliciousness. Make these once and try to tell me I’m wrong.
3-Ingredient Protein Pancakes
Makes: 2 (basically enough for 1 person, but you can multiply the recipe very easily to make more)
20 g carbs
29 g protein
1. In a small bowl, blend all [3!] ingredients. Use only enough almond milk to get the batter moist and mixable.
2. Turn stove top to medium-high heat and let a pan heat up.
3. Pour batter onto hot pan and cook until it begins to bubble. Flip your flapjacks and finish cooking through.
4. Using a second scoop of protein powder and just enough almond milk to make a somewhat-thin consistency, you can easily make protein “syrup” to drizzle over top. I added almond butter to mine and loved every bite!
Tip: the kind of protein you use DOES matter! I use Cellucor, because I’ve found it to blend the best for pancakes and waffles, especially. Let me know what brand(s) you’ve tried and leave me a comment about how it turned out!
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014