Happy National Peanut Butter Day!
In honor of everyone’s favorite sandwich spread, here are three simple recipes to try tomorrow:
Choco PB Protein Shake
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 scoops Vitacost Whey Protein Powder – Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Arrowhead Mills Creamy Organic Peanut Butter
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Optional: 1 banana
Add all ingredients to blender, mix and enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Apple Sandwich
Defy lunchtime conventions by swapping out bread for – apples!
- 1 medium to large apple
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams
- 1 Tbsp KIND Granola Clusters
- 1 Tbsp Best of All Organic Thompson Raisins
Wash and core the apple, then slice horizontally into thick pieces – they’ll resemble (thin) bagel slices. Spread peanut butter on one side, then top with granola and raisins. Add another slice on top to create a “sandwich.”
- 6 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2″ to 3/4″ slices
- 1 14.5-oz. can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 3 red onions, thinly sliced
- 5 sprigs fresh, flat-leaf parsley (plus 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Allspice
- 1/2 cup MaraNatha Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add potatoes, onions, tomatoes, cumin, parsley, salt, pepper and 2 cups water to your slow cooker – mix gently until thoroughly combined.
Cook (covered) on high for 4-5 hours.
Remove cover and add peanut butter and chopped parsley.
Stir mixture until well combined. Serve hot.