It could be a turkey burger, a grilled chicken sandwich or an empty plate…I’ll have fries with that. Unfortunately, the restaurant-style side dish is not only drenched in fat and salt, but the conventional white potato is a total snooze fest. Making your own “fries” using red potatoes and a kick-in-your-pants seasoning gives you more vitamin C, fewer calories and much more flavor. Considering it only takes two ingredients and 20 minutes, there’s no excuse not to have homemade.
1 small bag (about 24 oz.) red potatoes
1 Tbsp. adobo seasoning
- Slice potatoes into long strips like fries.
- Spread evenly onto baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with adobo seasoning.
- Bake at 425°F for approximately 18-20 minutes.
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014