You get home from a long day at work, the kids are running wild through the house and the last thing you want to do is cook dinner. We understand! You want meals that require less effort, yet don’t skimp on flavor. With a few good quality spices and some staple ingredients, you can have a meal all will enjoy without needing to tap in to your super-parent powers — save those for bath time.
Here is a quick-prep recipe that’s not only made with real, wholesome ingredients, but also will leave you with time to relax before dinner is ready. Sprinkled with Frontier Original Organic Seafood Seasoning and topped with a zesty slice of lemon, serve this simple baked cod over savory roasted vegetables for an easy, nourishing meal.
Recipe courtesy of Frontier
Baked Lemon Cod With Savory Roasted Vegetables
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 25-40 minutes
1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup broccoli crowns (fresh)
1 cup baby Portobello mushrooms, quartered
1 cup peeled, chopped parsnips
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2-1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1-1/2 lbs. fresh cod fillets
2 tsp. organic seafood seasoning 1 large lemon, sliced
To roast vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, broccoli crowns, mushrooms, parsnips and garlic; pour in olive oil and Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle on salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Spread vegetables in single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables for 15 minutes. (Note: While vegetables are cooking, prepare cod following directions below.)
- After 15 minutes, remove baking sheet from the oven and stir vegetables. Return to oven and roast for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until browned and easily pierced with a fork.
To cook cod:
- Rub seafood seasoning into all sides of cod fillets.
- On a clean baking sheet, arrange cod and top with lemon slices.
- Bake cod at 375 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes until cooked through.
Serve cod over roasted vegetables.