America won’t be running at all if we keep chowing down on deep-fried, sugar-glazed donuts for breakfast. And though it seems so much more convenient to stop at the corner coffee shop on the way to work, it’s just as easy to make your own healthy “fast food” with a few pantry staples. Yes, black beans are the star of this version, but the heaps of chocolate make these a totally dunkable delight.
Black Bean Protein Donuts
Recipe courtesy of Stephanie Lemos Di Pronio
¾ can organic black beans
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful
2 Tbsp. almond milk
½ tsp. baking powder
2-3 Tbsp. natural honey or agave syrup
1. In a large bowl, blend all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
2. Pour batter into greased donut molds.
3. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
Topping: melt about ½ cup creamy peanut butter of choice and drizzle over top. Add sprinkles for a little extra color and fun.
Latest posts by Featured Guest (see all)
- How to Free Yourself From Toxic Relationships - May 20, 2015
- Is Simplicity the Key to a Happier, Healthier Life? - May 18, 2015
- What Is So Super About Superfoods? - April 20, 2015