Adding applesauce to dessert batters is a healthier way to moisten and sweeten your treat. But why stop at just one type of fruit purée? Mashed banana and a cup of grated squash (shhhh, no one has to know!) make these brownies melt in your mouth, without a drop of dairy or a single egg. Delectable as is, these wholesome squares get even sweeter with a gooey-glaze whipped up from peanut butter and good-for-you Greek yogurt.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Grate yellow squash with a fine grater until you have 1 cup.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine banana and applesauce and mash until creamy.
- Add cacao powder, baking powder, grated squash, stevia, chocolate chips, oat flour and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Pour brownie batter into baking dish and smooth until even.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients for the Peanut Butter Frosting; mix well. Store in refrigerator.
- Remove brownies from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Add frosting and enjoy!