Bob for apples in this caramelized muffins recipe. It won’t be too hard, since large chunks of apples sit atop a lofty sweet roll. Where’s the caramel? It’s poured over the baked apple muffins, so you’re sure to get a taste of the candy syrup in every bite.
1 cup almond flour
½ cup oat flour
½ cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup almond milk
1 apple, diced (I used Red Delicious, but use whatever variety you love)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine all muffin ingredients, excluding apple chunks.
- Stir in apple pieces.
- Pour batter into paper-lined muffin pan.
- Top with additional apple pieces, if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While baking, combine honey and coconut sugar in a small bowl and microwave for 10 seconds.
- Once done baking and slightly cool (still warm to touch), pour caramel topping over muffins and enjoy!
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014