It’s tart! No, not the lip-puckering kind of tart. This dessert is a lick-the-bowl-and-your-chocolate-covered-fingers tart. Three layers paint the perfect protein treat, using chocolaty Quest bars, high-protein cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips. To cut the intensity just a tad is a sweet caramel-like center, made of light coconut milk and thick coconut nectar. This tart keeps well in the freezer if you’re making it to share. But most likely, you’ll eat this up in one setting – at which point, even your fork will be sad it’s all gone.
Caramel-Chocolate Protein Tart
Recipe courtesy of Fitalicious_me
1 can light coconut milk
¼ cup coconut nectar or honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 scoop EarthBlends Whole Food Shake Vanilla Protein Powder
1 tsp. non-GMO corn starch
¾ cup chocolate chips
1 scoop EarthBlends HiGH Growth Cocoa Powder
- Microwave Quest bars and apple sauce and mix well.
- Add chocolate protein powder and stir until a doughy consistency.
- Roll out dough and place in parchment-lined tart pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- While that’s baking, whip up the caramel sauce…
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk coconut milk, vanilla extract, vanilla protein powder and corn starch.
- Once bubbling, add coconut nectar (or honey), reduce to low heat and simmer for about 25 minutes. Continue to whisk every minute or so.
- Allow caramel sauce to cool 5-10 minutes before pouring ¾ of the sauce over the cooked crust. Place in fridge while you prepare the chocolate protein ganache.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining caramel sauce with chocolate chips and chocolate protein powder. Stir until well-combined and chocolate chips fully incorporated.
- Pour ganache on top and freeze for 2 hours.
- Once set and hardened, slice your tart however you like and enjoy! Keep in leftovers in the freezer.