There’s no doubt that French toast was created on a Sunday, because it’s the obvious choice for a filling, please-anyone brunch dish. The ingredients are so simple that you can quickly create a family-style buffet with toppings laid out for the picking. Or, you can dress up French toast with vibrant homemade jam to serve your other half a romantic morning in bed together. C’est de l’amour!
Challah French Toast
Recipe courtesy of Colorful Foodie
- In a small bowl wide enough to accommodate your bread slices, mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and honey.
- Dip bread into egg mixture — both sides!
- Grease a frying pan with coconut oil and turn to medium heat.
- Cook French toast until egg mixture becomes a little crispy.
Serve layered with berry jam spread in between. Jam recipe as follows:
Homemade Berry Jam
1. Throw berries, juice and honey into a skillet and heat on high for a couple minutes.
2. When it starts sizzling, add water, lower to medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes or so.
Keep it chunky or macerate the berries for a smoother texture.