Cherries and almonds are a classic fruit-and-nut duo. You see them together in protein bars, granola”¦even shampoo and body washes. Finally, you can stop sniffing your hair and fill your house with the warmth of cherry almond cookie bars. The faintness of almonds tames those tart cherries for a healthy treat that feels a bit hearty. The brownie-esque consistency and too-good-to-be-true taste will tick all the boxes ““ 100% dessert-certified!
Cherry Almond Cookie Bars
1. In a large bowl, mix oat flour, ghee, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, cherry vanilla almond butter and egg white.
2. Press mixture into a greased 8′ x 8″ pan and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.
3. In another bowl, combine whole eggs, remaining 1/2 cup coconut sugar, almond flour, cherry extract and almond flavoring.
4. Pour wet mixture evenly over baked crust.
5. Bake for another 30 minutes, or until the middle is cooked through.