An extra pinch of cinnamon, a dash of almond extract—what’s the secret ingredient in your favorite cookie recipe? Chances are you didn’t answer chickpeas, but you’re about to discover why these luring legumes make the perfect surprise addition to desserts. Blended smooth with peanut butter, honey and other cookie batter basics, chickpeas create tempting texture and sneak in protein without anyone knowing it. Get that glass of almond milk ready…there’s about to be some serious dunking going on!
- Rinse and drain chickpeas; let dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, and blend until a dough-like consistency is formed.
- Spoon out cookies onto a cookie sheet. Form the dough into balls and flatten.
- Top cookies with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10 minutes.