A thick slab of banana bread at your local bakery could set you back 500 calories. That hurts worse than slipping on an actual banana peel. Luckily, you can have a slimmer slice with all the sweetness and spice you crave, the cake-like texture you want to sink your teeth into and the intoxicating aroma that gets your mouth watering at first whiff. Plus, you get chocolate — chunks of it!
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
Makes: 1 loaf, about 10-12 slices
Nutritional profile: 1 slice comes to 274 calories, 30 grams of carbs and 8 grams of protein
1. In a food processor, blend the first seven ingredients until smooth.
2. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014