Cashews are so underrated. In only one ounce, you get over 9 grams of unsaturated fats, zero cholesterol and five glorious grams of protein. Not to mention they’re a good source of iron and magnesium. And the texture? Forget it. These tropical gems add a certain kind of creaminess to recipes that other nuts can’t. Coconut and chocolate are always dessert all-stars, but I fully attribute the chewy texture of these Chocolate-Covered Coconut-Cashew Bars to the smiley little nuts.
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients (except topping ingredients).
- Press into a greased 8″x8″ pan. The texture should allow you to press the mixture easily. If it’s too crumbly, add a bit more melted coconut oil. Too oily? Add more coconut flour.
- In a small bowl, melt the topping ingredients in the microwave. I microwave for 1 minute, stirring half-way through. Do not overcook!
- Pour chocolate topping over bars and spread around evenly.
- Place in the freezer and let set for about an hour. Enjoy!
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014