Someone broke your heart. You walked by a bakery. It’s three o’clock and you’re staring at a computer. Whatever it is that flips the switch, you want chocolate and you want it now! I have just the thing. No loco-cocoa craving can stand up to a mousse pie whipped with rich cacao powder and dark chocolate chips. Spread it into a homemade graham cracker crust, and in less than 10 minutes you’ll have a creamy, low-calorie treat. Now wipe the drool from your face and get to mixin’!
Chocolate Mousse Pie
Recipe courtesy of Brittney Leeb
It’s a naturally vegan recipe, but you can also make it gluten free.
Yields: 8 slices
Nutritional profile (per slice): 240 calories, 12 grams fat, 26 grams carbs and 12 grams of protein
Homemade Graham Crust:
1. Make crust first by mixing all ingredients together and pressing firmly into a round pie pan.
2. In a food processor, blend the ingredients for the filling until it becomes a smooth consistency.
3. Spread filling evenly over crust and refrigerate for at least one hour to set.
Latest posts by Featured Guest (see all)
- How to Free Yourself From Toxic Relationships - May 20, 2015
- Is Simplicity the Key to a Happier, Healthier Life? - May 18, 2015
- What Is So Super About Superfoods? - April 20, 2015