Never before has banana bread had so much protein with such a sweet taste. Divided into 10 sizeable slabs, this recipe offers 9 grams of protein in a petite 170 calories per piece. Plus, there’s good news for carb cutters: this homemade bread is a fairly friendly choice with about 30% fewer grams than a store-bought bag. Should I mention the cinnamon and banana, or do you really need any more reason to get baking?
½ cup almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
2 scoops cinnamon-flavored protein powder
1/3 cup coconut sugar
½ cup almond milk
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 ripe banana
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine banana and eggs until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture.
- Stir in coconut oil and almond milk and blend until incorporated.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014