Sweet or savory? Whichever you prefer, these light, gluten-free and paleo-friendly crepes are the perfect accompaniment. Use them instead of tortillas for Mexican-inspired nibbles, or drizzle with dark chocolate and fill with fresh fruit.
Coconut Flour Crepes
Courtesy of Bob’s Red Mill
- Combine non-dairy milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together egg whites, milk mixture and dry ingredients. Let sit for 10 minutes to achieve thicker consistency.
- Heat a small skillet over low heat. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray, then pour in 1/4 cup of prepared batter. The batter will swirl around at first and then settle to make a layer over the entire diameter of the pan. Cook for 1 minute, until batter is set.
- Loosen the edges with a spatula and gently turn over; cook an additional 45 – 60 seconds. Remove to a platter then prepare the rest of the batter. Use non-stick spray in between each batch.
Recipe courtesy of Bob’s Red Mill blog. Used with permission.