Fast food that’s healthy? You can’t score one of these “burgers” in a drive-through, but in less time than it takes to wait in line, you can make a meal far better for you than anything brought home in a hurry. Combine sautéed fresh vegetables, white beans and hemp powder for a hearty, protein-packed patty, then pan fry in coconut oil for a tropical taste!
Coconut-Hemp Veggie Patties
2 to 3 cloves garlic, diced
Green onion, chopped
Vegetables, diced or cubed: carrots, zucchini, yellow squash
Apple cider vinegar
Fresh lemon juice
1 scoop hemp protein powder
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 tsp. curry powder
1 to 2 tsp. cumin
1.5 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. red pepper
1 (15-oz.) can low-sodium white kidney beans, or beans of choice, rinsed and soaked
¼ cup gluten-free baking mix
- In a medium-sized skillet, sauté garlic and onions in 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Stir in diced/cubed vegetables along with a splash of apple cider vinegar and fresh lemon juice. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are soft.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well.
- Pour mixture into pan with vegetables; cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Shape mixture into patties. Pan fry in a heated skillet coated with coconut oil.
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014