Crab cakes, cold drinks and beach vacations: that’s what summer’s all about. Luckily, you don’t have to be sailing along the coast of Maryland to enjoy lump, luscious crab cakes. You also don’t have to beef up the mixture with mayonnaise and breadcrumbs – they’re just wasted calories, anyway. This cleaner, Chesapeake-worthy recipe lets you dive into your favorite summer fare without making such a big splash.
4 oz lump crab meat
¼ cup celery, finely chopped
¼ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
1 egg white
Lemon juice to taste
Pinch of red pepper or cayenne
Handful of green onions, chopped
Sweet & Spicy “Mayo”
- In a large bowl, combine all crab cake ingredients.
- Form into patties…cakes. Makes about 4 cakes.
- Place in coated frying pan and cook for a couple minutes on each side until golden.
- In a small bowl, combine “mayo” ingredients. Add a dollop on top of each cooked crab cake.
- Eat. Don’t share. Or do share. It’s up to you.
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014