It may not be the envy of every lunchroom, but this asparagus soup recipe is certainly green and surprisingly delicious. If you’re struggling to eat more veggies, maybe the 5 grams of protein will wow you (thanks to the “cream” de la crème) or the fact that you don’t need a pound of salt to make something green taste good. Need more to sweeten the soup pot? Not only is asparagus rich in fiber, but this spring stalk fills you with folate as well as vitamins A, C, E and K. Add a baked sweet potato or a side of crackers for crunch and complete nutrition.
- Over medium heat, sauté asparagus and onion with olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until asparagus is tender.
- Transfer softened stalks to a food processor or blender.
- Add broth and puree until smooth. Unless you have a super-cool Vitamix (I’m clearly jealous), this can take several minutes to fully blend the asparagus.
- Pour in milk and blend just a few seconds more to get it thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- Serve and spoon!
I almost never make this soup to eat right away, so I pour it into two jars for an easy, to-go lunch. For a taste twist, try this with coconut milk. Deeee—licious!
Latest posts by Liz Lotts (see all)
- Very Berry Lemon Bars - April 24, 2015
- Italian Herb Hemp Hummus - April 17, 2015
- Which Supplements Best Support *Your* Fitness Goals? - April 14, 2015