Potato salad – it’s the preferred side dish of backyard barbeques, potlucks and warm-weather celebrations. But instead of the old egg-mayo-potato combination, why not change things up by bringing this sweet, spicy and flavorful creation to your next get-together? Your friends and family are guaranteed to love it!
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Cover potatoes with cold water
and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, approximately 20
minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water then cut into quarters.
2. Whisk together mustard, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, sea salt and pepper;
pour the mixture over the hot potatoes, toss, and set aside for 30 minutes. Just
before serving, add the basil; toss to combine.