Initially from Europe, eggnog was once only a drink of high society (and didn’t contain alcohol ““ gasp!) to toast to one’s health. Luckily, milk and eggs are no longer rare commodities and all can enjoy this creamy, comforting holiday tradition. Since the 17th century, eggnog has been twisted and tinkered with to satisfy different tastes. In this version, you’ll enjoy all the original flavors of egg, cream and sugar without tummy troubles or an aching hangover. Cheers to that!
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. bourbon vanilla
1 tsp. rum flavoring
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 can coconut milk, refrigerated (do not shake; let the thick part settle on top)
liquid stevia to taste
1. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they are light in color.
2. Mix in sugar.
3. In a medium pot, bring almond milk, vanilla, rum flavoring and spices to a boil.
4. Once boiling, remove from heat and whisk in sugar and egg mixture.
5. Mix until the sugar is dissolved and it becomes frothy.
6. Let it cool completely.
7. Grab the can of coconut milk and scoop out the cream. Whisk the cream into the mixture.
8. Add stevia to taste and drink up.
Cheers and happy holidays!
Dallas Rae is a bikini competitor who just can’t resist good food. To keep her body lean and fit for competition, she sticks to nutritionally-rich and wholesome foods but never denies herself a sweet treat when cravings strike.