Coffee is a pungent, risky ingredient. If you’ve never baked or cooked with it (or even drank a mug in your life), this might seem intimidating or maybe just not your cup of tea – er, java. Though it might be nerve-wracking to venture into unchartered territory, the payoff is huge. With the combination of coconut, dark chocolate and coffee, these powerfully flavorful cookies will — at the very least — awaken your imagination.
1 cup coconut flour
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup dark chocolate chips (more or less)
1 packet instant coffee
1/3 cup almond milk
1/3 cup water
¼ cup honey
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla flavor
1 tsp. baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix coffee with water and stir until granules are dissolved. Add to flour mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients – except chocolate chips – and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully fold in chocolate chips.
- Form batter into balls and place on a greased or paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten the balls to form ¼-inch thick cookies.
- Bake at 325°F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.