Double the chocolate means double the pleasure. These delightfully delicious cupcakes are the dessert you can’t resist – and, thankfully, you don’t have to. Though the basic bake-shop treat is loaded with butter, you’ll use coconut oil, coconut sugar and coconut flakes for healthy monounsaturated fats and distinctive flavor.
1 cup oat flour
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (excluding coconut flakes and chocolate chips).
2. Fold in coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into cupcake liners, filing about 3/4 full.
4. Top with additional coconut flakes (this will toast while baking)
5. Bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Feel free to indulge right…NOW!