Just the aroma of fresh-baked bread is enough to make your mouth water. So if you’re using every ounce of willpower to avoid carbs during the holidays, these rolls will let you eat in peace. Made with whole wheat flour and flavorful spices, you’ll be joyously shouting: “Pass the bread, please!”
Healthy Homemade Dinner Rolls
1. In a large bowl, mix honey with 3/4 cup warm water and stir until honey is dissolved.
2. Add yeast and let it sit for 10 minutes, until bubbly.
3. Add almond milk and olive oil to the yeast mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, blend spices and flour.
5. Add flour to the yeast mixture and stir until you can knead the dough. You may need to add more almond milk or more flour. The mixture will be a bit sticky.
6. Knead dough for 5 minutes, then coat the dough in more olive oil.
7. Place on a cookie sheet and let it rise for at least an hour.
8. Roll into individual balls and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
Serve the rolls warm and with a drizzle of honey.