The wind is howling outside and the temps are dropping. That’s all the reason I need to stay inside and in some fluffy flannel pajamas. But when it comes to warming my belly, there’s nothing better than a big bowl of hot cereal. Usually, I’d reach for a canister of whole grain rolled oats…but oatmeal is so last year. It’s time to try something new: quinoa flakes. Because quinoa is just as filling and versatile as your old fashioned grains, you won’t feel like you’re jumping too far “oat” of your comfort zone.
Makes: 1 serving
Nutritional profile: 289 calories, 38 grams of carbs and 12 grams of fill-you-up protein
1. In a small sauce pan, bring almond milk to a boil.
2. Turn off heat, add quinoa flakes and stir thoroughly.
3. Sprinkle in cinnamon, vanilla and stevia.
4. Allow it to sit for 3-4 minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally.
5. Top with PBSLIM, berries and almonds.