There’s always a birthday party or book club meeting that could use something sweet and spicy to get people talking. Bring on the ginger cookies! Really steal the show by shaping your batch with a gingerbread man cookie cutter and topping with cinnamon-swirl protein icing.
Iced Ginger Cookies
Makes: approx. 2 dozen
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
2. Drop batter onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 6 – 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
1 scoop Cinnamon Swirl Cellucor Cor-Performance Whey Protein
2 Tbsp. honey
¼ cup milk
2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
¼ tsp. cinnamon
In a small bowl, mix all icing ingredients together. The consistency should be creamy but not runny. Add more protein powder to thicken it up, if needed.
*I know it’s hard to resist, but let the cookies cool completely before icing them!
Nutritional Info (per cookie, without icing): 51 calories, 7 g carbs, 2 g fat, 2 g protein / (with icing) 73 calories, 8 g carbs, 4 g fat, 3 g protein
Dallas Rae is a bikini competitor who just can’t resist good food. To keep her body lean and fit for competition, she sticks to nutritionally-rich and wholesome foods but never denies herself a sweet treat when cravings strike.
Latest posts by Featured Guest (see all)
- How to Free Yourself From Toxic Relationships - May 20, 2015
- Is Simplicity the Key to a Happier, Healthier Life? - May 18, 2015
- What Is So Super About Superfoods? - April 20, 2015