Ice cream off limits? Try this cool peppermint-chocolate smoothie instead. The perfect blend of good-for-you almond milk, raw cacao “chocolate” and a dash of natural mint flavoring, it satisfies cravings””without all the sugar and dairy!
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ to 1 tsp. natural peppermint flavoring
1 Tbsp. unsweetened raw cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
1 drop liquid stevia
Fresh mint leaves (optional for garnish)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Garnish with mint leaves.
“Mo’s Healthy Morsels” is written by Maura (“Mo”) Knowles, a certified health coach, recipe developer and owner of Mac-n-Mo’s, a vegan baked goods company created by Knowles to help her dad eat better (and still enjoy food!) after he underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2010. Knowles’ recipes for snacks, treats and other fun and healthy dishes appear every week here on the Vitacost blog, or visit www.macnmos.com for more “morselicious” ideas and tips.
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014