Who cares about lemon poppy seed muffins when you can have a whole loaf? Even better, you don’t need a fancy bread machine or a countertop full of mixing bowls and measuring spoons. Throw all of the ingredients into one big bowl, mix thoroughly and let it bake to fluffy perfection. The zesty lemon and punch of protein means you’ll have breakfast for the week ““ if it lasts that long.
Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Bread
Makes: 1 loaf, approximately 12 slices
Nutritional profile: 299 calories, 18 grams of carbs and 9 grams of quality protein
2 cups almond flour
½ cup coconut sugar
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 whole eggs
2 Tbsp. honey
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. almond flavoring
½ cup lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except poppy seeds. I use a hand mixer to combine thoroughly.
2. Stir in poppy seeds.
3. Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and top with slivered almonds.
4. Bake at 350 F degrees for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Half-way through, cover the pan with foil to help prevent burning.
Tip: I use almond flavoring instead of the extract to keep it from tasting too alcohol-y.
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014