Dessert is calling…but it’s only 9 a.m. Knock out two predicaments with one delicious recipe. When you can’t stomach another egg white and spinach omelet for breakfast but still need a protein punch to start your day, grab a fruity muffin to fill you up. You’ll squash that sweet craving without negating all the sweat equity you earned in the gym this morning.
You all suggested I make something that did not include peanut butter. I hope this does the trick — just don’t forget to eat your daily spoonful at a later time. Just kidding. Enjoy your protein however you like it best. Maybe this muffin mix will be your new favorite protein treat.
Lemon-Vanilla Berry-Filled Protein Muffins
Makes: about 15
Nutritional profile: each muffin sets you back only 136 calories and 10 grams of carbs while pumping you with 7 grams of protein.
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, adding almond milk until a cake batter consistency forms.
2. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, about 2/3 full.
3. Bake at 325 F for 25 minutes.
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014