By Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, personal chef
Gluten-free pasta serves as the perfect base for this flavorful gluten-free and vegetarian dish, courtesy of Amie Valpone of TheHealthyApple.com.
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 pound gluten-free penne pasta
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into thirds
- 4 ounces goat cheese, broken into pieces
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast macadamia nuts, stirring often, until golden, approximately 3 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to the package instructions. Add asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain; return pasta and asparagus to pot. Toss with goat cheese, scallions, lemon zest, parsley, paprika, sea salt, pepper and toasted macadamia nuts.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
For more gluten-free recipes, visit TheHealthyApple.com.
The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness offers Vitacost.com website visitors weekly recipes and blogs about living the gluten-free lifestyle. For more information about celiac disease and gluten-free living, visit www.celiaccentral.org.