A bag of gluten-free pasta is perfect when you just don’t have the time and energy to cook. (In fact, it’s one of my go-to meals for busy nights!)
But just like with everything else, nothing beats the taste of homemade. And here’s a bit of news that might surprise you – homemade pasta is a whole lot easier to make than you think!
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 extra-large egg + 4 extra egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (warmed to room temp)
- 1/2 cup warm water
1. Combine flour, egg, egg yolks, salt, xanthan gum, olive oil and butter in a mixing bowl or food processor – mix well.
2. Add water in small increments, continue mixing until it reaches a dough-y texture.
3. Remove dough and place on a floured surface, then divide into 8 equal parts.
4. Roll out each piece of dough to 1/8″ thickness, then use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the pasta into the shape of your choice. (Linguini is the easiest!)
Voila, you have just made your very own gluten-free pasta! Boil up a large pot of water and cook for 8-12 minutes or until it reaches the desired texture.