Bring the taste of the Mediterranean to your table with a batch of homemade hummus! It’s easy, delicious and makes a healthy snack.
For this basic hummus recipe, you’ll need:
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed purÃ©e)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Combine the ingredients in a food processor and blend until you get a creamy consistency. You may need to add a bit of water to perfect the texture.
Once you master this basic recipe, try adding your favorite ingredients to kick it up a notch. There are many different varieties of hummus made with sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and more!
Serve with warm pita bread, carrots, cucumber spears or tortilla chips as a delicious appetizer or healthy snack!
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014