On a cold, dreary day, you crave comfort food ““ something warm, soft and filling. But when another bowl of steel cut oats just won’t cut it, maybe a fresh-baked muffin will wake you up. No, you won’t gain five pounds just from the smell of these fruity quick breads. Yes, you will feel pleasantly satisfied after only one. For a brunch gathering or a midday snack, these naturally sweetened strawberry muffins are your new guilt-free, heart-warming treat!
Nutritional profile: each muffin provides 169 quality calories, a whopping 11 grams of protein and a measly 16 grams of carbs
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together except the strawberries.
- Gently stir in strawberries.
- Pour batter into paper-lined muffin pans and bake at 350 F for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014