Biting into a s’more is like enjoying three different desserts, with flavors bursting in your mouth one by one. This three-tiered dream bar is just like that…but better! The bottom layer is beaming with sweet vanilla and oats. Seconds later, your mouth is full of creamy coconut – the flaky texture and tropical flavor all at once. Finally, left lingering on your tongue is a buttery pistachio topping. You get crunchy, creamy, sweet and savory all in one perfectly portioned square. Consider this the nuttier, more refined s’more that you don’t have to save for dessert. Enjoy it as a breakfast bar, a snack on the run or as a remedy to daydreaming of some sinful dessert.
Nutty Dream Bars
Recipe courtesy of Fitalicious_me
- Microwave Quest bars and apple sauce for 15-20 seconds. Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Add oat flour and roll out like dough to fit your baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, make coconut center.
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut, coconut flour, protein powder, egg whites, vanilla, stevia and baking powder until thoroughly combined.
- Spread evenly on top of cooked crust.
- Press shelled pistachios on top of coconut center.
- Mix coconut nectar and water in a small bowl and brush on top of nuts to make them glossy.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Cut and eat!