This vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free recipe is courtesy of Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, Editor-in-Chief of The Healthy Apple and a Manhattan- based culinary nutritionist, personal chef, professional recipe developer and food writer.
1 large eggplant
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
2. Slice eggplant in half; then lay the flat portion of the eggplant flat on the surface and slice each half into 8 fry-like shapes using a sharp knife.
3. In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Add eggplant fries; gently toss to coat.
4. Place coated eggplant fries on prepared baking dish; bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 3 minutes.
6. Serve with a side of salsa and enjoy!
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of TheHealthyApple.com; she is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free “˜Clean’ recipes using whole foods. Amie recently healed herself from six years of chronic pain, exhausting every doctor in the country and Mayo Clinic; she shares her story of how Clean Eating saved her life and inspires you to Clean up your food, too. Amie lives in Manhattan, NYC where she cooks for a variety of clients including celebrities and people with busy lifestyles who enjoy healthy, fresh food. Visit Amie on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest; she’d love to hear from you!